Monday, April 22, 2013

Magazine Preferences


In preparation for the class with Chris Outcalt, I selected my favorite magazine as we were asked to do. The magazine I chose was The Boston Globe Magazine. Naturally, I had to figure out why it is my favorite magazine and after some consideration it became clear that the diversity of topics covered in each edition coupled with the variety of article types was what was what kept me interested. In a magazine like the Globe Magazine, there are several features that you can count on week to week. The fashion page, letters to an etiquette guru, a rotating perspective article and more. But I can also expect large feature stories that cover a range of topics from week to week, which holds my interest. Smething like a profile of a newsworthy figure, to a top ten things to do in Boston list, the articles provide something for everyone. This feature is one that I think sets magazine apart from other media.

No comments:

Post a Comment